March 21st through March 29th inclusive will see Fashion for Life open its doors for a full week of non-stop, boundary-breaking, uplifting, shop-till-you-drop, dazzling entertaining events and more, all as a part of the 2015 Relay for Life season.
This year’s events will allow you to visit the great fashion centres of the world – Milan, Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Berlin – and experience the best and greatest in virtual world fashion and couture. Throughout each region will be lots to see and enjoy, starting at 10:00 SLT on Saturday, March 21st, and ending at 23:00 on Sunday, March 29th.
Live entertainment will be taking place throughout the week across all nine regions of the event, which will be filled with art, beauty, colour and more – all the hallmarks of another breathtaking Fashion for Life Event. All with the goal of raising funds for the biggest non-profit event in any virtual world which supports, promotes awareness, and gives hope to the millions of people around the globe dealing with the ravages of cancer on a daily basis – the patients, caregivers, families, research teams, and medical professionals at the forefront of the war against this abysmal disease.
The nine regions of Fashion for Life are currently under construction, and are being designed / sponsored by:
- Paris: builder, Kaya Angel; sponsored by Belle Roussel – Chop Zuey
- Milan: builder, MaximilianIII Massenbergl; sponsored by Sage Pexie – Sage
- London: builder, Rebeca Bashly; sponsored by rika Oyen – Argrace
- New York: builder, Frank Dexter; sponsored by Zzoie Zee – Zanze
- Central Park (both regions): Spankmy Boucher; sponsored by Marcus Lefevre – Miss SL Organisation
- Los Angeles: builder, Regi Yifu; sponsored by Hunterminta – Zaodyeck Magazine
- Tokyo: builder, Ryo Ixxel; sponsored by Takuya Jinn – Gabriel
- Berlin: builder, Setsuna Infinity; sponsored by Azlyn Vaher – Yasum Designs.
I hope to have the opportunity of previewing the event closer to the opening; in the meantime, the sneak peeks here will hopefully serve to pique interest 🙂 .
About Relay For Life of Second Life
Relay For Life of Second Life is an annual activity that takes place in Second Life in July each year. Volunteers form or join teams to have fun while fund-raising and raising awareness from mid-March through mid-July. In July teams build camp sites and walk a track, just like a Real World Relay. Since 2005, Relay For Life of Second Life has raised over $2.25 million USD for the American Cancer Society. In 2013, Relay For Life of Second Life has raised over $390,000 for the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life has become an international movement in RL and SL. In 2011 participants from over 80 countries took part in Relay For Life of Second Life.
About the American Cancer Society
For more than 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together with millions of supporters worldwide, ACS helps people stay well, helps people get well, find cures, and deal with their journey against cancer.
- Relay for Life of Second Life
- The American Cancer Society
- Official Second Life page on the ACS website