- This is intended to be a reference source for all current public SL viewers / clients of which I’m aware / for which I have information, and is primarily drawn from the Second Life Third-party viewer Directory listing.
- Updates will be made as-an-when I notice / am informed of releases from the various Viewers.
- A weekly summary of changes will be published on the Monday of each week, listing all changes noted during the previous week
- Comments on this page are closed, but can be left on the relevant weekly summary page.
- Updates / releases in the past week are shown in green.
- (32/64) – indicates versions available as 32 or 64 bit; (64) – indicates available as 64-bit only.
- Note that viewers considered as now having been updated recently enough to be fully compatible with Second Life are now listed under a separate heading towards the end of this page.
- Test viewers, preview / beta viewers / nightly builds are not recorded in this page.
LL Official Viewers
Available for: Windows, Mac and Linux* .
This list reflects those viewers available via the first four links in the LL Viewer Resources section, below.
- Current Release version version 184.108.40.2068264, dated March 12, promoted March 18th. Formerly the Premium RC viewer – No change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 220.127.116.113365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 18.104.22.1682999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 22.214.171.1240836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 126.96.36.1999111, July 16, 2019.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL release viewer download page – LL
- SL viewer release notes – LL
- SL Alternate Viewers page – LL
- SL available viewer index – LL
- Starlight alternative viewer skins page (not officially supported by LL)
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer reviews on this blog
- SL viewer updates in this blog
* Linux requires community contributions to remain current.
Third Party Viewers
- Alchemy version 188.8.131.52341 – November 14, 2017 (release notes).
- Black Dragon for Windows 64-bit 3.7.5 March 16 (no release notes).
- Catznip version R12.3 – October 16, 2019 (release notes).
- Firestorm version 184.108.40.206052 – October 1, 2019 (release notes / my overview).
- Kokua Release:
- Available for: Windows, Mac and Linux 64-bit
- 220.127.116.11738 (non-RLV) and 18.104.22.168402 (RLV variants) – March 1 – (release notes).
- Restrained Love Viewer:
- Cool VL:
Mobile / Other Clients
- Group Tools 22.214.171.124 – February 28, 2017 (no release notes).
- LittleSight version 2.0.0 – October 29, 2016.
- Lumiya version 3.4.2 October 5, 2017 (release notes).
- MetaChat version 1.2.9113 February 27 (release notes).
- Mobile Grid Client version 1.25.1270 September 25, 2018 (release notes).
- Radegast client version 2.32 – February 12 (release notes).
- Speedlight client version 3.059 – February 28 (release notes via Discord announcements).
- Available for: any suitable web browser, Android
- Android Download