- This is intended to be a reference source for all current public SL viewers / clients of which I’m aware / for which I have information, and is primarily drawn from the Second Life Third-party viewer Directory listing.
- Updates will be made as-an-when I notice / am informed of releases from the various Viewers.
- A weekly summary of changes will be published on the Monday of each week, listing all changes noted during the previous week
- Comments on this page are closed, but can be left on the relevant weekly summary page.
- Updates / releases in the past week are shown in green.
- (32/64) – indicates versions available as 32 or 64 bit; (64) – indicates available as 64-bit only.
- Note that viewers considered as now having been updated recently enough to be fully compatible with Second Life are now listed under a separate heading towards the end of this page.
- Test viewers, preview / beta viewers / nightly builds are not recorded in this page.
LL Official Viewers
Available for: Windows, Mac and Linux* .
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1246190, formerly the Estate Access Management RC viewer, dated April 12, promoted April 17 NEW. – see my EAM overview for more information
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 126.96.36.1999906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 188.8.131.520847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
LL Viewer Resources
- Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Starlight alternative viewer skins page (not officially supported by LL)
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer reviews on this blog
- SL viewer updates in this blog
* Linux requires community contributions to remain current.
Third Party Viewers
v5 / v6-style Viewers
- Alchemy version 184.108.40.206341 – November 14 (release notes).
- Black Dragon for Windows 64-bit 3.4.6 April 14 (release notes).
- Catznip version R12.1 – February 19 (release notes).
- Firestorm version 220.127.116.11680 – February 17 (release notes / my overview).
- Kokua Release:
- Available for: Windows, Mac (64-bit) and Linux
- 64-bit: 18.104.22.168241 (RLV/FTRLV) and 22.214.171.124240 (non-RLV), March 8 (release notes).
- OpenSim version 126.96.36.199007 (Win/ Mac / Linux 32 / Linux 64) – April 2 (release notes).
- Restrained Love Viewer:
- Cool VL:
- Bento Alpha 1_8_7_6994 (Windows (32/64) Linux (64) – April 2018 (alpha download page).
- Windows (32 / 64 bit): 188.8.131.5261 / Linux 64-bit – June 16 (release notes).
- Mac, Linux (32-bit): 184.108.40.20656 – September 2014 (release notes).
- Download page.
- Alpha Builds (Experimental).
- Singularity reviews in this blog.
Mobile / Other Clients
- Group Tools 220.127.116.11 – February 28, 2017 (no release notes).
- LittleSight version 2.0.0 – October 29, 2016.
- MetaChat version 1.2.9103 April 5 (release notes)
- Mobile Grid Client version 1.25.1252 – June 17, 2016 (release notes).
- Radegast client version 2.25 – October 25, 2017 (release notes).
Additional TPV Resources