- This is intended to be a reference source for all current public SL viewers / clients of which I’m aware / for which I have information, and is primarily drawn from the Second Life Third-party viewer Directory listing.
- Updates will be made as-an-when I notice / am informed of releases from the various Viewers.
- A weekly summary of changes will be published on the Monday of each week, listing all changes noted during the previous week
- Comments on this page are closed, but can be left on the relevant weekly summary page.
- Recent updates / releases shown in green.
- (32/64) – indicates versions available as 32 or 64 bit; (64) – indicates available as 64-bit only.
- Note that viewers considered as now having been updated recently enough to be fully compatible with Second Life are now listed under a separate heading towards the end of this page.
- Test viewers, preview / beta viewers / nightly builds are not recorded in this page.
LL Official Viewers
Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac.
- Current Release version 220.127.116.110636, dated October 18, promoted November 14. Formerly the Animesh RC viewer – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1681569, November 13.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1241635, November 13.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1990057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 188.8.131.529462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 184.108.40.2069906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 220.127.116.110847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
LL Viewer Resources
- Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Starlight alternative viewer skins page (not officially supported by LL)
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer reviews on this blog
- SL viewer updates in this blog
Third Party Viewers
- Alchemy version 18.104.22.168341 – November 14 (release notes).
- Black Dragon for Windows 64-bit 3.3.3, October 30 (release notes).
- Catznip version R12 – January 2, 2018 (release notes).
- Firestorm version 22.214.171.124786 – July 25 (release notes / my overview).
- Kokua Release:
- Available for: Windows, Mac (64-bit) and Linux
- 64-bit: 126.96.36.199833 (RLV) and 188.8.131.52834 (non-RLV), October 11 (release notes).
- OpenSim version 184.108.40.206007 (Win/ Mac / Linux 32 / Linux 64) – April 2 (release notes).
- Restrained Love Viewer:
- Cool VL:
Mobile / Other Clients
- Group Tools 220.127.116.11 – February 28, 2017 (no release notes).
- LittleSight version 2.0.0 – October 29, 2016.
- MetaChat version 1.2.8010 October 19 (release notes)
- Mobile Grid Client version 1.25.1252 – June 17, 2016 (release notes).
- Radegast client version 2.25 – October 25, 2017 (release notes).
TPVs Lacking Full SL Compatibility
These viewers are available for download, but are not considered to be fully compatible with current Second Life services. Depending on your usage, they may or may not meet your needs.
- CtrlAltStudio (v3-style for Windows) – last updated July 18, 2016.
- Exodus (v3-style for Windows, Linux, Mac) – last updated September 21, 2013.
- Imprudence (v1-style for Windows, Linux, Mac) – last updated May 28, 2013.