At the time of writing, a deployment thread had yet to be posted however:
- On Tuesday, May 21st, the SLS (Main) channel on Tuesday, May 14th, leaving regions on that channel on server maintenance package 19.05.10.527185, containing internal fixes.
- On Wednesday, May 22nd, the three RC channels should be updated with a new server maintenance package, the details of which were still TBA at the time of writing this article.
- The Alternate viewer wiki page has now been retired and replaced by a new Alternate Viewers page.
- The de facto release viewer was updated to version 18.104.22.1687338, dated May 20th, formerly the updated Teranino Maintenance RC.
The rest of the current SL viewer channels remain as:
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 22.214.171.1249906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 126.96.36.1990847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
- Teleport Fail Issues: following the last Server User Group meeting on Tuesday May 14th, there was a test of a teleport fix Simon Linden had been working on, and a further test was carried out following this week’s meeting, with Simon Linden commenting:
Last week’s test was really helpful – it showed that one problem seemed to be fixed, but exposed another one that I hope is fixed this week. If it goes well, that new teleport code may go out onto RC channels next week.
- Teleport Attachment Issues: this is a separate issue to that being investigated by Simon Linden, and which is more related to . there’s no current update on the work being put into fixing this, but as Simon observed in the meeting:
As far as I know, the problems with attachments tend to be with crossings and not teleports … while much of the code is the same, there’s usually a fundamental difference in crossings because you’re already connected to that region before you go there, whereas with teleports you are not … which was part of the big disconnect issue we had before.
- Script Processing Issues: as reported in my week #18 SUG summary, there have been numerous reports of script run time issues, with some reporting that problems only started occurring following the roll-back on April 18th, 2019. BUG-226851 outlines some of the problems. The Lab are looking into this, but at present there are no updates on the problem.