There have been a number of rapid-fire TPV updates this week, so here’s a quick overview for Black Dragon, UKanDo and RLV.
Black Dragon 2.4.2 Beta
On Monday, March 23rd, Black Dragon updated to version 2.4.2 Beta, with Niran focusing on further updates to rendering, although there are some interesting WIP elements as well.
In particular, Niran notes that he’s done further work on the volumetric lighting capability, notably adding a Falloff slider to both Preferences -> Display and the Machinima Sidebar (F1), so that Godrays will fall off the closer they are to the camera which will be further smoothed in future releases), and working to get volumetric lighting working with FXAA and glow.
Also within Preferences -> Display, Niran has added a check box for enabling alphas in depth of field calculations. When unchecked, this excludes alpha from both depth of field and volumetric lighting calculations to prevent focus issues (depth of field) and odd lighting effects (volumetric lighting). when checked, both depth of field and volumetric lighting calculations will include alphas in the field of view.
Other additions with this release comprises:
- A Custom System Memory option and a separate slider for the “linked” memory version
- A chat colour for Friends
- (as a work-in-progress) a new information system for Preferences to tell possible performance breakers and problems that could occour with certain options.
As always, for a full list of changes / updates, please refer to the viewer’s release notes.
The UKanDo v3 style viewer updated to release 220.127.116.11080 on Tuesday, March 24th. This update brings the viewer up to parity with the Lab’s 3.7.25 and 3.7.26 code, and almost up to spec with Marine Kelley’s RLV updates (2.9.7 of RLV having appeared just after the UKanDo update).
In particular, this release sees UKanDo gain the maintenance fixes from the 18.104.22.1689021 official view release and the new Avatar Hover Height functionality which has just become a part of the official release viewer.
In addition, this release of UKanDo includes:
- Disabled the RLV start-up restriction feature by default. Re-enable via the “RLVStartUpRestriction” Debug setting or the RLV tab under General in Prefernces
- FIRE-15489 by Ansariel Hiller – Add confirmation when unlinking objects, released under LGPL
- RLV – Quick fix Courtesy of Nicky Perian, and tidy-up.
- A fix for the “nolink>” parser bug, courtesy of Drake Arconis (Alchemy Viewer).
This release of the Restrained Love Viewer sees assorted fixes for recent RLV release and the inclusion of the Lab’s Avatar Hover Height (AHH) capability, which came about as a result of a detailed formal proposal being put before Lab by members of the Firestorm team during a TPV developer meeting in June 2014.
Currently, and as noted by Marine, AHH is not yet linked to her existing “@adjustheight” capability and slider in the top bar of the viewer.