The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on Friday, April 3rd, 2020. These meetings are generally held every other week, unless otherwise noted in any given summary. The embedded video is provided to Pantera – my thanks to her for recording and providing it. Time stamps are included with the notes will only the video at the point(s) where a specific topic is discussed.
This was a short meeting – less than 20 minutes.
SL Viewer News
There were no viewer updates in week #14, leaving the official viewer pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version version 18.104.22.1688264, dated March 12, promoted March 18th. Formerly the Premium RC viewer – No change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 22.214.171.1243365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 126.96.36.1992999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 184.108.40.2069111, July 16, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- EEP is now extremely close to release. The hope is to have the final RC version available for users in week #15 (commencing Monday, April 6th).
- Providing no major issues are encountered with that version, and allowing for it gaining sufficient user hours as an RC cohort, it will then be promoted to de facto release status.
- This viewer still has one of the lowest crash rates for the official viewer, and which is described as being “dramatically lower” than the current viewer release.
- The Love Me Render (LMR) and Camera Presets RC viewers are both getting close to a point where they could be released at some point after EEP.
- Tools update (Visual Studio 2017 and a more recent version of Xcode): the first full viewer build is ready to be issued, so an RC could be appearing in week #15. If so, it may be fast-tracked to release status behind EEP and ahead of other RCs.
- There is still work to be done on the Copy / Paste and Legacy Profiles viewers to get them up to RC status.
- Work is also continuing on the mesh uploader viewer, a version of which had yet to be made available to users as a compiled viewer.
Server / Simulator News
- The server team believe they have fixes for the issue off-line inventory losses from objects (see: BUG-227179 “All offline inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost”).
- These fixes should be going to a simulator RC release in week #15, and no viewer-side updates are required for either of the fixes (UDP and HTTP).
- TPVs have been asked to confirm the HTTP fix works, and if so, to switch to that mechanism (if they have not already done so), rather than continuing to rely on UDP messaging for off-line inventory offers, so that path can be deprecated.
- Details on where the fixes can be tested will be made available to TPVs through the Open-Source Dev mailing list.
- Apologies have been offered for the time it took LL to fix and fix the underlying causes.