As I recently reported, the Exodus team have been hard at work on the Viewer, obtaining TPV Directory listing status as well as working on a wide range of new features and options within their Viewer.
This is now nearing completion, and as the team work towards their next formal release, they’ve implemented a new nightly build programme for the Viewer. As the name suggests, this will feature daily builds of the Viewer featuring the very latest options, functions and updates, ready for wider testing. In contacting me about the builds, Geenz Spad explained their purpose thus: “We want to get more people testing our nightly builds of Exodus as we near another stable release; those builds are updated almost on a daily basis … to get new features we’re experimenting with out to the public faster for feedback before they make it into a stable release.”
As daily builds there are a few points worth mentioning:
- No support is provided – so please do not use them as your primary viewer
- There will be issues both in terms of functionality and stability
- Please do give constructive feedback to the team on any problems you have, crashes you experience etc.
If you’d like to help the team work towards future releases of Exodus, you can find out more by reading their blog post on the builds and by following the links below:
This is a weekly summary of changes to all SL Viewers / clients of which I’m aware and which are in popular use across the grid / listed in the TPVD. Detailed links to said Viewers / clients can be found in my Viewer Round-up Page. The links supplied in this summary are either to change logs or to reviews within this blog.
Another relatively quiet week. Zen rolled a released close enough to the preparation of this update that it gets included here. SL pushed out Beta and Dev viewers, Lumiya rolled a new release – 2.0.2 – and Henri made his usual Cool VL release.
Updates for week ending: 27 May, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Release version: no change
- Beta: rolled to version 220.127.116.117717 (May 22) – release notes
- Development: rolled to 18.104.22.1688002 on May 24, then to 22.214.171.1248100 on May 26
- Exodus has introduced nightly builds ahead of the next release
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.38 (21st May, reported last week)
- Zen Viewer released version 126.96.36.199 on May 22nd and 188.8.131.52 on May 28th (close enough for this update) – release notes
- Cool VL Viewer rolled to 184.108.40.206 and then to 220.127.116.11 on 25th May, with the change log here
- Lumiya rolled out version 2.0.2 (release notes) on May 27th; a few bugs were noted, so expect an update soon (and review to follow in this blog)
- Group Tools made a further release on May 23. Due to issues with the trial licence, still unable to test / review.