No significant news. A lot of back and forth on region crossings and texture loading.
At the time of writing, no deployment notes had been published. However:
- There was no deployment to the SLS (main) channel on Tuesday, October 22nd, leaving it on server release 2019-10-03T01:12:11.531528.
- The matter of RC deployments on Wednesday, October 23rd is pending as a result of internal discussions at the Lab.
Refer to the technology forum server sub-threads for updates.
Continuing Script Issues
Linden Lab is aware that there are still script processing issues that are causing problems, and which have come to light following the SLS channel deployment of .531528. For examples of specific issues please refer to BUG-227786 together with this blog post, and also BUG-227776.
The Ordered Shutdown RC viewer updated to version 220.127.116.111767 on Monday, October 21st, bringing it to parity wit the current release viewer. The rest of the viewer pipelines remain as follows:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1680962, formerly the Vinsanto Maintenance RC viewer, dated September 17, promoted October 15th – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Available via direct link only, and may not function fully or correctly:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 22.214.171.1249906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete Platform viewer, version 126.96.36.1990847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.