The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, December 22nd Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting.
For the TL;DR brigade: nothing major to report; not deployment, no viewer releases; meeting was a solstice / year-end party.
Week #51 eventually saw deployments every day of the week, which reportedly left all RC channels running on server release 553685 and the SLS Main channel on 553176. However, our home island was on the SLS Main channel is reporting it is running 553685, so I assume that given there was no apparent deployment on Tuesday, December 22nd (as assuming our home island hasn’t been shuffled to an RC, the entire grid is now running on 553685.
There have been no changes to the current crop of official viewers, leaving them as:
- Current release viewer version 22.214.171.1241711, formerly Cachaça Maintenance RC viewer promoted on November 12 – No Change.
- Release Channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Simple Cache project viewer, version 126.96.36.1991403, issued on November 12.
- Project Jelly project viewer (Jellydoll updates), version 188.8.131.522224, December 4.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 184.108.40.2060519, October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 220.127.116.113365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 18.104.22.1682999, November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 22.214.171.1249111, July 16, 2019.
Map tiles are still not being regularity updated, however the Lab both identified the cause of the issue and a possible fix, however, it now seems probable this will not be deployed until after the holiday break. On December 20th, Oz posted a comment to the SL forums, explaining the issue:
This is a temporary situation… the data needed to generate the maps has been moved to AWS, but the code that does the work has not yet. Because of how the data centre version expected to fetch that data, it was not possible for us to make it work until the code has been moved too. That move is in progress and shouldn’t be too much longer (sorry, I don’t want to jinx the developer by setting a date).
There is a significant issue with Experience Keys the is affecting all experiences grid-wide see: BUG-229892 “[Upilft] Experiences Failures”. This is also apparently impacting the Lab’s ability to release the new Linden Stilt Homes, as per an update to my article on the release of this new linden Home theme.
Uplift – Closure of Co-Lo Facility
Both April and Oz Linden have reported that with all SL systems and service now running on AWS, the work in clearing all of LL’s hardware and infrastructure from their former co-location facility in Arizona (a part of which involves the complete shredding of all hard drives) , and according to Oz, the work is “almost done”.
Date of Next Meeting
The next SUG meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021.