The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, December 15th Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting.
Deployments in week #50 got a little confusing, with both SLS (Main) and some RC (Magnum) RC channel servers updated to release 553685, with the remainder of the simulators being updated to the same release on Tuesday, December 15th. At the SUG, Rider linden explained the situation thus:
So let’s see. We ended up having one extra set of rolls on Friday and then again today to catch the last of the stragglers. It was basically just an internal configuration change to help support uplift. I’m confident that that was the final roll of the year.
The Dawa maintenance viewer updated to version 188.8.131.523723 on December 15th. The rest of the current crop of official viewers, remain as follows:
- Current release viewer version 184.108.40.2061711, formerly Cachaça Maintenance RC viewer promoted on November 12 – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:.
- Custom Key Mappings project viewer, version 220.127.116.112100, November 12.
- Project viewers:
- Project Jelly project viewer (Jellydoll updates), version 18.104.22.1682224, December 4.
- Simple Cache project viewer, version 22.214.171.1241403, issued on November 12.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990519, October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16, 2019.
- Map tiles are still not being regularity updated, however the Lab both identified the cause of the issue and a possible fix, however, it now seems probable this will not be deployed until after the holiday break.
- The updates to Group chat made over the last day or so should not be seen as a “complete fix” for issues. Rather, it is intended to hopefully improve things for at least some who have experienced problems,with further work to come, with Oz Linden noting:
There is no doubt that group chat needs additional work. We have recently resolved some problems that we were able to diagnose, but more work will be needed as soon as we can devote some time to it.
- It is possible that post-Uplift, EEP might see some further work, including an adjustment to the default Mainland ambient lighting.