As always, please refer to the deployment thread for the latest news and updates.
- On Tuesday, November 1st, the Main (SLS) channel received the same server maintenance package as deployed to the three RC channels in week #43. This comprises: a fix for the bug introduced in week #42 – see BUG-40735 “Paying an object with [slgaming] in the object name (most skill game machines) fails on the RC 220.127.116.110687”; two fixes for issues with the new llSit function for Experiences, and additional internal updates.
- On Wednesday, November 2nd, all three RC channels are set to remain on the same server maintenance package as week #43. However, there should be a rolling restart across the RC channels.
On Friday, October 28th, the Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1681183, and came with an expanded set of release notes offering a better overview of changes and updates. These include, but are not limited to:
- You can now see your Temp attachments via Appearance > Wearing > Temporary attachments
- Cut items won’t be put in Trash any more to avoid inventory loss. Instead they’ll be visually greyed out but remain in place until the next operation is performed
- Rigged Mesh LOD is now size-dependent, not just avatar-dependent. Improves how LODs are swapped
- In a related case, wrong bounding box location was affecting LOD calculation causing some mesh avatars to deform
- PRIM_TEXT draw distance limit can now be changed up to 300m via debug setting “PrimTextMaxDrawDistance”
- Avatar Complexity notices can now be disabled from Preferences > Notifications: “Warn me about my avatar complexity changes” + “Warn me if my avatar complexity may be too high” settings
- A warning is displayed when trying to put too much inventory in coalesced objects and will still be blocked
- A warning will be displayed when creating or wearing HUDs that can cause critical performance hits
- This RC release restores weapons behaviour to same state as in the release viewer
- Buying L$ links will once again open in internal browser by default
- You can now “Wear-Replace current outfit” even if the new outfit is a subset of the old one
- Accidentally scrolling the mouse wheel while renaming an item in inventory will now cancel renaming instead of moving the item. True for any operation where ‘renamer’ moves out of visible area
- Multiple crash fixes.
Other viewers in the viewer pipelines remain as per last week:
- Current Release version: 22.214.171.1240331, dated October 4th, promoted October 10th – formerly the VLC media plug-in for Windows RC
- Project Bento RC (avatar skeleton extensions), version 126.96.36.1990815, dated on October 20th
- 360-degree snapshot project viewer, version 188.8.131.520965, dated October 26th – hands-on review
- Obsolete platform viewer version 184.108.40.2060847 dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Mainland LI / Prim Allowance Increase
Update, November 3rd: following the complete announcement on the prim changes and the timeline, full details on the changes for Mainland, and those to be applied to private regions are now available in this post.
As is increasingly being noticed, Mainland regions on the Main (SLS) channel received an increased LI allowance with the deployment on Tuesday, November 1st, with Full regions now having a total capacity of 22,500 LI (or prims, if you prefer).
The change isn’t a mistake, and there will be an official announcement on Thursday, November 3rd about what is going on. As noted in my preliminary article linked to above, I’ll also have more at that time 🙂 .