The Raglan Shire Artwalk is one of the staples of the SL art calendar, and for 2021 the 16th Artwalk will take place between Sunday, May 16th and Sunday, June 20th, inclusive.
A popular event among artists and residents, the Artwalk can see over 150 artists displaying their work – 2D and 3D – across the regions of Raglan Shire. All the displays are open-air, with 2D art is displayed on hedgerows in and around the regions, while sculptures and 3D art is displayed in a number of designated areas, all of which allows visitors to both appreciate the art and explore the Shire regions.
A Call For Artists for the 2021 event has been issued for those wishing to participate, and key points about the exhibition are as follows:
- It is a non-juried show.
- Artists can display more than one piece if they wish.
- 2D (“flat” art pieces will be awarded a maximum of 15 LI, and individual pictures should be 1 prim, including the frame.
- 3D art (sculptures, etc.), will be awarded a maximum of 500 LI for up to three pieces of work. Artists are requested to state the LI per piece in their application.
- Sales of art are allowed.
- Types of art supported by the show are: representations of RL photography, painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, and digital fine art that can be displayed on a prim; and SL photography, manipulated SL photography and SL sculpture.
- Pictures of RL crafts, such as beadwork, leatherwork, etc., are not part of the show’s definition
- All the above art forms are welcome, but should be rated PG / G – so no nudity, please!
- Group membership will be required in order to display work.
- Tip jars are not allowed.
- Questions and enquiries should be forwarded via note card to Artwalk Director Karmagirl Avro, or Artwalk Assistants Kayak Kuu, Linn Darkwatch, or RaglanShireArtwalk Resident.
Those wishing to display their art should complete and submit the Raglan Shire Artwalk 2021 Registration Form by no later than 21:00 SLT on Sunday, May 9th, 2021.
- Sunday, May 9th: applications close at 21:00 SLT.
- Tuesday, May 11th: Notification of exhibit space location issued to artists – note that hedgerow space for 2D artists is on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Friday, May 14th (after 09:00 SLT) and Saturday May 15th: Artist set-up days.
- Sunday, May 16th: Artwalk Opens.
- Sunday, June 20th: Artwalk closes.
- Sunday, June 20th (after 21:00 SLT) through Tuesday, June 22nd: takedown of works.