Update: Magnum and LeTigre did not see a deploy on Wednesday, January 23rd, leaving them on server maintenance package 18#18.12.05.522294.
As always, please refer to the server release thread for the latest news and updates.
- On Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 the SLS (Main) channel was updated with server maintenance package 19#19.01.09.523003, comprising logging to gather baseline information on simulator performance in various areas of interest together with additional logging.
- On Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 the RCs will be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel will receive server maintenance package 19#19.01.18.523336, comprising the simulator support for the Environment Enhancement Project (EEP), and which will see the Snack channel currently used for EEP rolled into the BlueSteel RC.
- Magnum and LeTigre were still TBD at the time of writing. I’ll update this article when more is known.
Region holders who wish to test EEP can contact support and ask for their region to be moved to an RC channel once the deployment has been made. Rider Linden currently has a request to have the SL wiki updated with the LSL functions for EEP, and has offered to provide a forum post on them, if required.
Remember, to work with EEP, you need the EEP project viewer, available from the Alternate Viewers wiki page.
There have been no SL viewer updates to start the week, leaving the pipelines, at the time of writing, as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1242263, dated December 5th, promoted December 13th. Formerly the Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1993177, January 16th.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 188.8.131.522564, December 19th.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2062614, December 18th. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 220.127.116.119906, dated November 17th, 2017 and promoted to release status 29th November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847, May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
The SUG meeting was dominated with questions when upcoming features – grid-wide experiences, new premium benefits, etc – may appear, and when the Lab anticipates completing the migration to the cloud. As always, and given the fact that SL is a dynamic environment with a lot going on, the replies were more-or-less “when they are ready”.