The 2019 Relay for Life Second Life fund-raising season is approaching, and with it comes some changes, some of which have been previously noted in these pages.
Chief among the changes are the move of a couple of key dates:
- The kick-off weekend for the core 16 weeks of activities will launch at 10:00 SLT on Saturday, February 16th, 2019.
- The Relay Weekend will take place on Saturday June 8th and Sunday June 9th, roughly a month earlier than has tended to previously be the case. This will once again feature a number of key activities, including:
- The Opening Ceremony.
- Survivor / Caregiver walk.
- Luminaria Ceremony.
- Closing Ceremony.
Team registrations for the season opened on Sunday, January 20th, at part of the ACS National Recruitment Challenge, which runs January 20th through February 3rd, 2019.
As noted on the Second life Relay Information website, people can also participate in a number of other ways, including:
- Attending RFL of SL events.
- Merchants, creators and club owners can:
- Place RFL kiosks and / or vendors in their shops / clubs.
- Display RFL information in their businesses.
- Donate ad board space.
- Gift cards and / creations can be donated either to teams or for Relay auctions and raffles.
- Live Singers and DJs can donate their services at Relay For Life events.
- Group owners can notices about Relay For Life events.
- People can sponsor RDL of SL events – contact Ariel Stormcrow or Dianna Wycliffe for more information.
- Land holders can donate their land for an RFL of SL event.
American Cancer Society Information Day
Want to learn more about the American Cancer Society, Relay for Life and / or RFL of SL? Then why not drop in to one of the Information Day sessions being held on Sunday, January 27th, 2019.
The day will see four meet and greet sessions take place:
- 06:00-08:00 SLT
- 10:00-12:00 SLT
- 14:00-16:00 SLT
- 18:00-20:00 SLT
Each of these sessions will include the opportunity to hear about Relay for Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Survivor Support Groups, Caregiver Support Groups, connecting Second Life to Real Life American Cancer Society.
The Information Day will take place on the American Cancer Society island, As well as these sessions, there will also be entertainment from:
- Austin Moores 12:00 noon SLT.
- Max Kleene 13:00 SLT.
- Relay Rap 16:00 SLT.
- Keeba and the Tiny Maniacs 17:00.
For a full schedule of the event, please contact Nuala Maracas or Trader1 Whiplash in-world.