The following notes have been taken from the Simulator User Group, held on Tuesday, May 1st, 2018.
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest updates.
- The was no deployment or restart for the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, May 1st. The channel remains on server maintenance package 18#18.04.13.514504, containing internal fixes and a fix for BUG-214702.
- On Wednesday, May 2nd, the simulator release candidate channels should be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel should receive server maintenance package 18#18.04.20.514703, which includes two new LSL functions: llRequestUserKey and llName2Key – see below for more.
- Magnum and LeTigre should receive server maintenance package 18#18.04.30.515008, which includes updates to simulator communication protocols aimed at improving region crossings and teleports, deployed for the last week to a number of selected regions on Blake Sea via the Snack RC channel.
LlRequestUserKey and LlName2Key
- Requests the Agent ID for the agent identified by name from the dataserver. The name given may be either the current name of an avatar or a historical name that has been used in the past. If no agent can be found with the supplied name this function returns the value NULL_KEY.
- It returns a handle (a key) that can be used to identify the request when the dataserver event is raised.
- Note that agent being searched for with this function does not need to be signed on to Second Life.
- See the llRequestRequestUserKey wiki page for more.
- Returns a key the Agent ID for the named agent in the region. If there is no agent with the specified name currently signed onto the region, this function returns the value NULL_KEY. Names are always provided in the form “First[ Last]” or “first[.last]” (first name with an optional last name.)
- If the last name is omitted a last name of “Resident” is assumed. Case is not considered when resolving agent names.
- Uses a different mechanism to look up agent information to the older llKey2Name().
- See the llName2Key wiki page for more.
There have been no updates to the current SL viewer pipelines, leaving them as follows:
- Current Release version 188.8.131.523644, dated March 27th, promoted April 13th – formerly the media update RC.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 184.108.40.2069906, dated November 17th, 2017 and promoted to release status 29th November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 220.127.116.110847, May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
Environment Enhancement Project (EEP)
Rider Linden re-confirmed that while EEP will allow different Windlight settings at altitude above a region / parcel, the zones will be set at 1000 metre intervals (1,000, 2,000, 3,000 and 4,000) and set by the simulator – they will not be user-configurable as can be done with Firestorm (viewer-side only). His hope is also to have scripted per-agent Windlight settings as part of the initial deployment of EEP; however, this is TBC.