It’s a quiet start to the week.
Server Deployments for week #21
There are no server deployments planned for week #21! To quote Mazidox Linden in the server deployment thread:
Hey everyone! We’ve got a bunch of things we’re still testing this week and don’t have any rolls for any channels (Second Life Server, RC Bluesteel, RC LeTigre, RC Magnum, or RC Cruller), and we don’t anticipate any rolling restarts. We’re aiming to have at least one new server version through testing by next week, and hopefully we’ll have a better view of that by Thursday. If you’re interested please join us at the SBUG meeting on Aditi.
RC Cruller is likely one of the smaller RC selections (like Snack and Cake), and is apparently named for the small cake made of rich dough twisted or curled and fried in deep fat (I can feel my arteries hardening just typing that!).
The Ouzo Maintenance viewer, version 220.127.116.115016, was promoted to the de facto release viewer in week #20. As a result:
- The Love Me Render RC viewer containing rendering fixes and improvements updated to version 18.104.22.1685528 on May 22nd, 2018.
- A new Maintenance RC viewer, code-named Pálinka, after the traditional fruit brandy popular in Central Europe, was release on May 21st, 2018. Maintenance RC 22.214.171.1245527 contains some 36 fixes and improvements, as specified in the release notes.
Outside of these updates, the viewer pipelines are as follows:
- Current Release version 126.96.36.1995016, dated May 7, promoted May 16 – formerly the Ouzo Release Candidate.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.