La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island – blog post
On Tuesday, December 6th, the Main (SLS) channel was updated with the same server maintenance package deployed to the three RC channels, comprising internal simulator changes.
On Wednesday, December 7th, the three RC channels will received the same new server maintenance package, which includes the following feature requests:
- BUG-6377 – llGetObjectDetails(id,[OBJECT_ATTACHED_SLOTS_AVAILABLE]) – Returns a value that is number of attachment slots allowed by the server minus the number of attachments worn by avatar. Returns 0 if avatar is not in the same region or if UUID is not an agent.
- BUG-40871 – llGetEnv() constant “region_object_bonus” – returns the object bonus set for a region.
On Monday, December 5th, the Project Bento viewer, version 126.96.36.1991958, was promoted to de facto release status. See the official blog post here and my post here.
This leaves the current viewer pipelines looking as follows:
- RC viewers:
- Maintenance RC viewer, version 188.8.131.521792, dated November 30th – some 42 fixes and improvements
- Project viewers:
- 360-degree snapshot viewer, version 184.108.40.2061712 dated November 23rd – ability to take 360-degree panoramic images – hands-on review
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 220.127.116.110847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Mesh and Texture Rezzing
People have been noticing increased delays in object mesh and texture rezzing, with fingers being pointed at the Lab’s CDN supplier(s). Raised at the Simulator User Group meeting, it prompted Simon Linden to comment it could be a CDN issue, and re request was passed for the Lab to have a poke around at things.
Duplicated No Copy Items
Raised a couple of weeks ago, this is an issue where region crashes are being exploited to create duplicates of No Copy items (i.e. the duplication is happening server-side, rather than the objects simply being copied using a viewer, making them indistinguishable from the original), with the duplicated item – mostly obtained through gachas – then being put up for sale on the Marketplace.
The Lab is continuing to look at the problem, but as yet, no answer / solution has been identified.