On Wednesday March 26th, Dave Rowe released CtrlAltStudio version 126.96.36.199751.
While the release does not contain significant updates to either Oculus Rift support or to the stereoscopic 3D capability, the version number change 1.2, as Dave notes, serves to reflect the convergence of the 1.0 and 1.1 Alpha versions, and also brings CtrlAltStudio to parity with Firestorm 4.6.1.
- Fitted mesh support – for those unfamiliar with Fitted Mesh, I have an overview here
- HTTP updates for improved rendering
- Request Teleport feature
- Region Restart updates
- SL Share (link to Facebook)
- CHUI updates
- Particle capabilities, including particle muting
- Materials support
- Temporary attachments no longer get removed improperly
- and more
In addition to the above, the release includes a number of fixes:
- Fixed turning off Basic Shaders while in Riftlook messing up display.
- Fixed Kinect fly up and fly down gestures sometimes being swapped when shouldn’t be.
- Removed –riftlook command line option which wasn’t working properly.
An important point to note, again as Dave points-out, is that this release does not include any of the Lab’s own Oculus Rift support – for the simple reason that the code hasn’t been made available for integration into TPVs.