Version 188.8.131.52938 brings the viewer up to parity with the Lab’s 3.7.2 code base and with RLV 184.108.40.206 and offers a series of inventory-related TPV updates, some rebranding and fixes, and the ability to re-skin the viewer with the default LL viewer skin. Release notes for the update are available here.
Version 220.127.116.11938 now incorporates three additions to the inventory floater which are popular among several other TPVs:
- A pair of Collapse and Expand buttons: the first of these will close all folders and sub-folders in your inventory floater; the second will open all folders and sub-folders in your inventory floater, displaying the full tree
- An inventory search filter drop-down list: allows inventory searches to be filtered by criteria on the drop down (e.g. only search for Landmarks matching the search term)
- An inventory Worn Items tab: displays everything your avatar is wearing, by folder.
UKanDo Preferences Tab Updates
The UKanDo tab in Preferences has also been overhauled, with the options rationalised. A new sub-tab is added: Chat – IMs, which pulls together the chat / IMs related options previously found in the Miscellaneous sub-tab into a tab of their own (chat range indicators for the mini-map, notifications alignments, MUpose* and OOC options). Similarly, the Group Land Rez option is moved from Miscellaneous to Avatar (under the new Inventory heading) and also appears in the Build sub-tab as well.
LL Default Skin
UKanDo users can now opt to re-skin their viewer with the default Lab viewer skin. This is reported as being a part of the UKanDo 18.104.22.168938 update, but appears to work with earlier releases as well (tested with 3.7.0). Be warned, the process does require some fiddling on the user’s part:
- UKanDo must be shut down
- The skin folder must be downloaded from the UKanDo website download page as a ZIP archive
- The user needs to locate the viewer install location (e.g. for 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\UKanDoViewer) and then rename it (e.g. “skins_old”)
- The downloaded skins folder then needs to be dragged from the ZIP archive and dropped into the viewer’s install location (e.g. for 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\UKanDoViewer)
- UKcanDo can then be restarted, and will use the LL default skin.
The original UKanDo skin can be restored by following the steps above, making sure the original skin folder is renamed “skins”.
Another small-ish update, aimed at keeping the UKanDo viewer on a par with LL code updates whilst also incorporating a few nips and tucks.
The option to change the viewer skin is a somewhat convoluted process, especially compared to those TPVs which allow you to select a skin style from within them (e.g. through a Preferences tab) and then applies the selected style with a simple re-start. Whether UKanDo will also move in that direction, remains to be seen; as it is the copying / renaming of folders following each update to the viewer could get a little tiresome for some users.
That niggle aside, a compact and useful update for UKanDo users.