The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, August 16th, 2022 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. They form a summary of the items discussed and is not intended to be a full transcript. A video of the entire meeting is embedded at the end of the article for those wishing to review the meeting in full – my thanks to Pantera for recording it.
For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the deployment forum thread.
- On Tuesday, August 16th, the simhosts on the Main SLS channel were updated to simulator version 573931, adding Premium Plus support to llGetObjectDetails() in LSL.
- On Wednesday, August 17th, the simhosts on the RC channels will be updates with simulator version 574216. This includes the new LSL functions:
- llReplaceEnvironment() – a scripted means to replace the environment in a parcel or a region, eEither for a single elevation track or the entire environment.
- llSetEnvironment() – a scripted function to override the environmental settings for a region or a parcel. The owner of the script must have permission to modify the environment on the parcel or be an estate manager to change the entire region.
The Tuesday deployment took longer than anticipate, as has been accompanied by reports of back-end services issues (e.g. login failures, texture uploads failing, profile changes reverting) being experienced for some regions on coming back up. LL is investigating these issues).
Available Official Viewers
On Monday, August 15th:
- A new Maintenance RC viewer – Maintenance P (Preferences, Position and Paste), version 22.214.171.1243877, was issued.
- The Izarra Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 126.96.36.1993920.
The rest of the current crop of official viewers remains as:
- Release viewer: version 188.8.131.523358 – formerly the Maintenance 2 RC viewer, dated August 1, promoted August 4 – no change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself).
- Project viewers:
- Love Me Render (LMR) 6 graphics improvements project viewer 184.108.40.2063263, July 21.
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 220.127.116.111296, May 10.
- Mesh Optimizer project viewer, version 18.104.22.1686858, dated January 5, issued after January 10.
- Copy / Paste project viewer, version 22.214.171.1243365, dated December 9, 2019.
- BUG-232490 “not_at_rot_target fails inconsistently” is a re-filing of an old report (SVC-3324) which filed to get picked-up. The re-filling under the BUG project should ensure it is now properly triaged.
- BUG-231553 “Revised: HTTP_ACCEPT not working as expected” (setting HTTP_ACCEPT on outgoing HTTP requests per: the function’s SL wiki notes doesn’t behave as expected. Currently you can set any values you like, but those settings aren’t reflected in outgoing requests). This may or may not be a bug, pending further user testing.
- Please refer to the video for additional general discussion.