The Community Celebration team is thrilled to announce its first photo contest in celebration of Second Life’s 10th anniversary.
What better way to start getting people thinking about and involved in the forthcoming celebrations to mark Second Life’s tenth year of public access than through a photo contest?
We want you to submit a photo which encapsulates all or part of this year’s celebratory theme: Looking Forward, Looking Back. The subject matter is entirely your choice – as long as it’s not of any part of the celebration regions themselves; we hope to have a further competition for that later! Instead, we want you to explore the grid (or your inventories!) and find the perfect picture which fits our theme.
Up to two entries can be submitted per avatar name, and there are two categories for entries:
- Category A is for photos taken using only the tools available within the viewer (the snapshot floater, windlight settings, the debug and preferences options for images, etc.)
- Category B is for photos which have been processed outside of the viewer using tools such as PhotoShop, GIMP, PaintShop Pro and so on.
- No more than two photographs per avatar name
- Competition entries must be made via the SL10B Celebration Photo Contest Flickr group
- Entries must not show the SL10B Community Celebration regions
- Photos must be PG – make it family friendly keep it clean and FUN or risk disqualification!
- Competitors must indicate whether the photograph is Category A (using only the tools available within the viewer) or Category B (using tools outside the viewer, such as photo editing software)
- Descriptive text may accompany entries
- The Community Celebration Team reserve the right to use photograph submissions for event advertising
- All entires must be uploaded by midnight SLT on Thursday, June 6th, 2013.
A distinguished panel will select the top twenty photos, which will be displayed at the entry point at the celebrations, where visitors will get the opportunity to vote for the one they like best.
Honour and glory the prize, in addition to having your photo posted on the Community Celebration official blog, and social media (e.g. Facebook, Flickr, Twitter)!
- Community Celebration website
- Community Celebration blog
- SL10B Celebration Photo Contest Flickr group
- Community Celebration coverage in this blog