Nonprofit Commons will be hosting a Winter Festival between the 11th and 17th December (inclusive).
Entitled Wishes Granted: Stories of Positive Impact, it is described thus:
“In a snow covered setting, visitors will discover huge books that tell real life fairy tales. Those stories are about how nonprofit organizations have had an encouraging and constructive influence on the lives of others. Inside the “fairy tale” books will be insightful stories on notecards, landmarks, and gifts from the unique nonprofits. Discover there is an opportunity, as individuals and as a community, to impact the lives of people who join us in the virtual world and those we support in the physical world every day, many of whom do not even log in to Second Life. Grab a wand and make magic happen!”
The core events as scheduled are (all times SLT):
- Sunday December 11: Opening Party (14:00-16:00): featuring music by Avantgarde Frequency, and hosted at the Non-profit Commons Area Aloft
- Tuesday December 13: Wharf Ratz Extraordinary Dance Extravaganza (19:00-21:00) at Wharf Ratz on Aloft
- Thursday December 15: Magaic Wings and Wands (17:00-19:00) with DJ DyVerse Steele at the CommonGround at the Nonprofit Community Area on Aloft
- Saturday December 17:
- Snowglobe Building Contest (10:00-13:00) there are a limited number of spaces so come early to secure one at the CommonGround at the Nonprofit Community Area on Aloft
- Dance with live music (18:00-20:00) at the CommonGround at the Nonprofit Community Area on Aloft
As well as these main events, and throughout the week there will be additional activities such as snowball fights and dogsled races, as well as there being gifts to collect and ice skating in among the books themselves. Information on additional events will be posted via the Nonprofit Commons in-world Group (IMs and Notices) and through their Google Group.