The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. They form a summary of the items discussed and is not intended to be a full transcript. A video of the entire meeting is embedded at the end of the article for those wishing to review the meeting in full – my thanks to Pantera for recording it.
For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the deployment forum thread.
- On Tuesday, August 23rd, the simhosts on the Main SLS channel were updated with simulator version 574216. This includes the new LSL functions:
- llReplaceEnvironment() – a scripted means to replace the environment in a parcel or a region, either for a single elevation track or the entire environment.
- llSetEnvironment() – a scripted function to override the environmental settings for a region or a parcel. The owner of the script must have permission to modify the environment on the parcel or be an estate manager to change the entire region.
- On Wednesday, August 24th, all simhost on the TC channel will be restarted without any deployment, leaving the also on simulator version 574216.
Available Official Viewers
On Monday, August 22nd, the Mesh Optimiser and Copy / Paste project viewers were both finally withdraw from the Alternate viewers download page, leaving the available official viewers as:
- Release viewer: version 220.127.116.113358 – formerly the Maintenance 2 RC viewer, dated August 1, promoted August 4 – no change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself).
- Profiles RC viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1684158, on August 18<.
- Maintenance P (Preferences, Position and Paste) RC viewer version 22.214.171.1243877 issued August 15.
- Izarra Maintenance RC, version 126.96.36.1993920, August 15.
- Maintenance (N)omayo RC viewer, version 188.8.131.523882, August 5.
- Project viewers:
- Love Me Render (LMR) 6 graphics improvements project viewer 184.108.40.2063263, July 21.
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 220.127.116.111296, May 10.
HTTP discussion: a fair amount of the meeting was given over to HTTP which touched upon:
- HTTP/2 multiplexing / pipelining (to replace the current HTTP 1.1 pipelining (which in turn touched upon TLS updates and Curl version updates) – in short, something the Lab is looking towards, but not on the immediate horizon.
- The potential to obtain headers from an HTTP response using llGetHTTPHeader, which itself incorporated discussions of requirements, risk in exposing SL to returns of strings with uncontrolled lengths such that a verbose web site might cause a LSL stack overflow,
- I’m actually hardly the best place to relay the ins and outs of the discussions, so I’ll refer you to the video for more.