On Thursday, May 2nd, 2019, Linden Lab deployed the latest updates to the SL Marketplace, chief among which is the introduction of the store manager.
A store manager is another user a merchant with a Marketplace store can designate to manage some operations of their MP store. This is a capability that merchants have long requested, both through the forums and the Web User Group meetings, and the response to the deployment has already been positive.
Key points with store managers:
- Merchants can nominate up to five store managers.
- By default store managers can:
- Edit store details.
- Edit product details.
- List an unlisted item.
- View store and product details.
- In addition, merchants can optionally allow store managers to:
- Unlist an item.
- Redeliver items (including changing automatic redelivery status).
- Add/remove revenue distributions.
- Add/remove listing enhancements.
- Change prices.
- However,these additional permissions can only be added once for a store manager: if they are to be changed at all, the store manager must be removed, and then re-added with the changed permissions.
- If a store manager does not have any of the additional permissions, those fields appear as inactive in the edit and bulk edit pages. Similarly, the associated controls do not appear for store managers that do not have permission to unlist items, add/remove revenue distributions, or add/remove listing enhancements.
- Store managers can access the store using their own log-in credentials – not the merchant’s.
- All store manager action (creation, settings permissions, removal) are set through the merchant’s My Marketplace > Merchant home options.
- Instructions for adding / removing Store Managers can be found in the official Second Life Marketplace store managers Knowledge Base article.
In addition, and to provide merchants with oversight of the actions taken on their store:
- All actions taken by (a) store manager(s) are logged and can be reviewed by the merchant (My Marketplace > Merchant Home > View audit logs in the left menu.
- E-mail alerts can also be set to be sent whenever a store manager performs an action on the merchant’s store.
- Additionally, no store manager will be able to:
- Archive products.
- Add/remove other managers.
Again, full details on managing Store Managers can be found in the Knowledge Base article, and any specific issues with the system should be reported via the Jira.