Server Deployments Week #32
Please refer to the deployment notice for the week for latest updates and news.
- On Tuesday, August 8th, the Main (SLS) channel was updated with a new server maintenance package (#17.07.27.327933), comprising “additional internal fixes”,
- The scheduled deployment to the RC channels for Wednesday, August 9th has been cancelled due to a back-end data issue which meant the region channel names weren’t being set correctly, so they didn’t start.
There have been no viewer updates so far this week, leaving the various pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1246593, released on May 26, promoted June 20 – formerly the AssetHTTP RC viewer – overview – download and release notes
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 126.96.36.1990847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
For the last few months there have been intermittent reports of odd terrain changes occurring following scheduled restarts. These have been mostly seen around golf courses (see my week #26 update and BUG-100693). There have since been a number of what appear to be similar incidents see: BUG-7922 and BUG-41609). Commenting on the problem during the Simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday, August 8th, Simon Linden said, “the reports of terrain shifting are totally mystifying to me … I believe it’s happening but really a mystery how and why”.
Issues with the feed (my.secondlife.com) appear to have been fixed, with many people reporting they can once again post images and comments.