Server Deployments Week #31
Please refer to the deployment notice for the week for latest updates and news.
- The Main (SLS) channel was restarted on Tuesday, August 1st, but there was no deployment to the channel, which remains on server maintenance package #17.07.11.327548.
- This update includes a fix to allow DJ boards to work, however, any scripts which have not been updated to meet the new requirements may not work. for details, please refer to this forum thread.
- On Wednesday, August 2nd, all three RC channels should be updated with the same new server maintenance package (#17.07.27.327933) comprising internal fixes.
Following the recent issues with deployments, there may be a blog post from the Operations team in the future, once the post-mortem has been completed. However, any such post is unlikely to appear in week #31 due to the core Second Life team all attending a planning meeting to determine potential future potential projects for the platform, etc.
The Maintenance updated on Friday, July 28th to version 18.104.22.1687940. This was superseded on Monday, July 31st by a new update, version 22.214.171.1247958.
Otherwise, all other viewers in the LL pipelines remain as:
- Current Release version 126.96.36.1996593, released on May 26, promoted June 20 – formerly the AssetHTTP RC viewer – overview
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 188.8.131.520847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
There is no Simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday, August 1st or Content Creator’s User Group on Thursday, August 3rd. I’m not sure if the SBUG meeting on Aditi on Thursday, August 3rd will be taking place, as I’ve been unable to attend those meetings for the last couple of months or so.
As noted above, the reason for the lack of in-world meetings is the SL planning session that’s taking place throughout the week.