Thursday, April 13th marked the opening of applications to participate in the SL14B Community Celebration to mark the 13th anniversary of Second Life entering it public beta. Celebrations this year will run from Sunday, June 19th through to Sunday, June 26th inclusive, all under the theme of Carnivalesque.
In particular, the organisers are seeking applications from exhibitors, performers, presenters and volunteers; applications for the Press Day will open in due course. Those wishing to apply for any of these positions are asked to read the General Event Policies for SL13B, and then proceed as follows:
- Exhibitors should then read the Exhibitor Policies and complete the Exhibitor Application form
- Performers should then read the Performance Policies and complete the Performance Application form
- Presenters should then read the Performance Policies and complete the Auditorium Application form
- Volunteers should then read the Volunteer Code of Conduct and complete the Volunteer Application form
** Note that exhibitor and volunteer applications close on Wednesday, May 10th, 2017; Performer applications close Sunday, May 17th **
This year, the celebrations will cover 18 regions offering some 200 parcels for exhibits, as well as the core entertainments stages, Welcome Area, auditorium and so on.
- Wednesday, May 24th – Friday May 26th: exhibitors informed via e-mail
- Friday, May 26th: regions open to exhibitors for building (from 12:00 noon SLT)
- Saturday, June 10th: all performers notified
- Thursday, June 15th to Friday, June 16th: regions closed to exhibitors for walk-through
- Friday, June 16th and Saturday, June 17th: regions open to exhibitors for adjustments
- Saturday, June 17th: Press Day
- Sunday, June 18th, noon SLT: Opening Day
- Friday June 23rd: The Birthday
- Friday, June 23rd – Sunday, June 25th: SL14B Music Fest with Linden Lab
- Sunday, June 25th: last day of celebration performances and activities
- Monday, June 26th to Sunday, July 2nd: regions open for viewing, no performances
- Monday, July 3rd to Wednesday, July 5th: Breakdown
- Thursday, July 6th: Sims go off-line.