The Kultivate Magazine 2017 Spring Art Show officially opened on Monday, April 3rd and runs through until Sunday, April 9th. This celebration of 3D and 2D art features more than 50 participating artists, with both juried and non-juried art competitions, with those participating in the juried event are competing to win a shared prize pot, gift cards, and more.
The event – which is talking place on a specially constructed festival area at Kultivate Magazine’s home region – will also feature live performers, tribute bands, DJ parties, two hunts and a photo contest, Spring Into Art.
Hunt-wise, the Palette Hunt features artist’s palettes scattered across the show. Simply find them (in any order you come across them), and touch them to receive a prize. The Art Quest Part 2 hunt is a HUD-based hunt, also running throughout the show, and is a mystery for you to solve. Follow the clues, and the following prizes could be yours:
- A free mesh artist studio skybox
- A free mesh slide show frame for your images
- A free artist furniture mesh set
- A free mesh frame
- A free piece of art work.
You can pick up your HUD and the 2D Exhibition Art Gallery.
A full list of participating artists and the event sponsors can be found on the Spring Art Show Press release, and artists are also listed by subject area:
- Non Juried Exhibition Only Artists
- 2D Real Life Juried Artists
- 2D Second Life Juried Artists
- 3D Juried Artists
A new component to this year’s show are the Art Talks. These classes feature a variety of subjects, including Second Life photography, copyright and creative commons information, how to market yourself as an artist and more. All of the talks are taking place at the Art Show theatre, at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 at 07:00 SLT: Strawberry Singh, “Second Life Photography Tips”
- Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 at 17:00 SLT: Veruca Tamma “Copyright and Creative Commons”
- Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 at 17:00 SLT: Kaijah Chrome “Beginner and Intermediate Photography class”.
So, as is always the way with Kultivate Magazine, there is a lot going on. To get a complete feel for the event, follow the links below, and be sure to visit the Kultivate 2017 Spring Art Show in-world.
Links and SLurls
- Kultivate Magazine Spring Art Show information Page
- Kultivate Magazine Spring Art Show press release
- Kultivate Magazine Spring Art Show Art Talks
- SLurls (Water Haven, rated: Moderate):