Server Deployments – Recap
As usual, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest information.
- On Tuesday, June 14th, the Main (SLS) channel received the same server maintenance project, as previously deployed to all three RC channels, comprising “minor internal changes”
- There was no deployment to either the LeTigre or BlueSteel Release Candidate channels
- After being in doubt (see part 1 of this report), the Magnum RC deployment did take place. This contained the same code as is currently on the RCs, other than some additional diagnostic code executed when some enters a region.
The Maintenance RC viewer updated on Thursday, June 16th to version 220.127.116.116614, which includes two additional fixes:
- Correct password length handling to match web sites
- Recompile Scripts does not process beyond first object/prim.
The VLC Media plug-in project viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1686258 on June 15th, which includes on additional fix:
- [Win LibVLC] After using a drop down list on a web page, it remains stuck on-screen even when URL is changed.
All other viewers remain unchanged:
- Current Release version: 22.214.171.1245117 (dated May 11), May 18 – formerly the Quick Graphics RC viewer
- Inventory Message RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1995555, dated May 23rd – removal of deprecated and unused UDP inventory messaging mechanisms from the viewer
- Project viewers:
- Project Bento (avatar skeleton extensions), version 188.8.131.526366, dated June 10th
- Visual Outfit Browser viewer, version 184.108.40.2066123, dated June 6th – ability to preview images of outfits in the Appearance floater
- Oculus Rift project viewer, version 220.127.116.115296, dated October 13, 2014 – Oculus Rift DK2 support
- Obsolete platform viewer version 18.104.22.1680847 dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Group Ban / Chat
A major annoyance among many groups is that when an irritant is banned / ejected from a group whilst already engaged in group chat, they can continue to engage in the chat session until they close the group chat session window / tab – see SVC-32. However, an upcoming change to the group chat services, currently undergoing testing on Aditi, will change this.
While subject to change prior to going live, the updates on Aditi worked so that:
If a person banned or ejected is in the same region as the person banning them, the banned individual sees a dialogue box displayed over their group chat:
When they click on OK, the dialogue clears and the group chat closes. The group should also be removed from their group list, preventing them from re-joining the chat.
If the person being banned / ejected is in a different region to the person banning / ejecting them, there is no dialogue box displayed over their group chat. Instead, the chat window remains open, but any attempts to post chat messages result in the system message:
The group will also remain in their group list until such time as they re-log. However, if they close the chat window and attempt to re-join it, they will receive the following message:
Currently, it appears as if this update will be included in a main grid Release Candidate update for week #25 (commencing Monday, June 20th).
A fix for BUG10979 – “Scripted attachments attached to the new enhanced skeleton attachment points show as worn on ‘Invalid Attachment Point’ in the script limits floater” is available for testing on Aditi on the Fire Ant 1 region, if anyone wishes to try the fix. If all goes according to plan, it should also be on the main grid in a Release Candidate server maintenance package in week #25.
With thanks to Rex Cronon for the SBUG meeting chat tanscript.