As usual, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest information.
- On Tuesday, June 14th, the Main (SLS) channel received the same server maintenance project, as previously deployed to all three RC channels, comprising “minor internal changes”
- It is likely there will be no planned deployment / restart for either the LeTigre or BlueSteel RCs.
There is a deployment listed for the Magnum RC, which quotes the same version number as last week’s deployment. When I asked Simon whether or not this indicated there would be a deployment, he replied:
I believe they won’t actually roll it. The two versions in RC were almost identical, except for one bit of code that executed when entering a region. We were comparing them for speed and are promoting the less laggy one. The slow code was kinda nice in that it gave us better diagnostics but wasn’t worth it.
On Friday, June 10th the main grid experienced a series of issues which appeared to be very similar to those which occurred at the start of May and were related to the central database node failure. I asked Simon if we would be seeing a further write-up from April Linden or another member of the ops team, prompting him to reply:
I’m not sure if April was going to write up another report. Last Friday’s outage was another main database failure. I know they’re looking to see if there is any noticeable cause we could address.
Should a post appear, it will most likely be via the Tools and Technology blog, and I’ll of course cover it through these pages.
Friday May 10th saw two viewer updates:
- The Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 126.96.36.1996312
- The Bento project viewer updated to version 188.8.131.526366, comprising a small set of bug fixes.
Otherwise, all viewers remain as per my last projects update:
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2065117, dated May 11th, promoted May 18th, and formerly the Quick Graphics RC viewer
- Inventory Message RC viewer, version 220.127.116.115555, dated May 23rd – removal of deprecated and unused UDP inventory messaging mechanisms from the viewer
- The Visual Outfits Browser (VOB) project viewer, version 18.104.22.1686123, dated June 6th. See my overview of the viewer for further details
- VLC Media Plugin viewer, version 22.214.171.1246087, dated June 3rd. Sees the Quicktime for Windows media plugin for the playback of media types such as MP3 MPEG-4 and MOV, replaced by one based on LibVLC (https://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC/) Mac viewer currently unaffected.
- Oculus Rift project viewer, version 126.96.36.1995296, dated October 13, 2014 – Oculus Rift DK2 support
- Obsolete Platform viewer, version 188.8.131.520847, dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.