The fifth annual Fantasy Faire is due to kick-off on April 20th and run through until April 28th inclusive. While the website has yet to be updated and the theme for this year announced, the team behind the event have issued an in-world announcement that store registrations for the event are now open.
Fantasy Faire 2013 will run across ten regions, offering a showcase for all of fantasy-related creations and activities across Second Life, as well as featuring special events, fundraising, concerts, and other activities all in aid of Relay for Life and the fight against cancer. Last year, Fantasy Faire 2012 raised $25,000 USD for RFL; the hope is that this year, even more can be achieved.
The announcement outlines the options for content creators wishing to participate in the event:
- Featured Creator Store (L$8,000): 30m x 25m store with 700 prims. These are centrally placed near the region sponsor’s store and region landing point – SIX units available per region
- Featured Creator Store + Event Sponsor L$33,000: As above, but with advertising at all events including the Fantasy Faire Hunt, on the FF blog, on Fantasy Faire radio & in any promotional materials
- Themed Store (L$2500): 25m x 15m store with 350 prims – TEN units available per region
- Event Sponsor ONLY (no store) L$30,000: advertising at all events including the Fantasy Faire Hunt, on the FF blog, on Fantasy Faire radio & in any promotional materials (can be combined with either of the store options above, if desired – EIGHT available for the event.
Creators wishing to apply should complete the Fantasy Faire Store Registration Form.
Special Notes on Participation
- Creators applying for store space must provide at least three new and exclusive (for the duration of the Faire) items for sale, the proceeds from which go directly to Relay for Life. Vendors for these items will be supplied to merchants by the event organisers, who also ask that merchants consider offering four such exclusive items
- All creators participating in the Faire are asked to consider donating one new item to the Fantasy Faire Hunt – see below
- The regions will be open for set-up on Thursday 18th through Friday 19th April, and all take-down must be completed by April 30th
- All content for this or any RFL event must be PG. No adult content allowed (although there is a special allowance for skins). Event liaison personnel can help with any required verification of suitability
- No copyright or trademark infringement (includes real life or virtual name brands, logos, sounds or graphics that aren’t owned by exhibitor)
- For the full set of participation guidelines, including notes on prim allowances, lag management, etc., please refer to the Fantasy Faire Store Registration form.
The Fantasy Faire Hunt
This year’s Fantasy Faire will include an immersive, story-driven hut which will take place on a dedicated region. The Hunt will run alongside the Faire and also remain open for a few weeks after the Faire has closed. The aim is to provide an entertaining and memorable event which can help raise additional funds for RFL, and to this end work is already underway writing, scripting and building the experience. To help the event achieve its goals, all content creators participating in Fantasy Faire are asked if they would consider designing one new item specifically for the hunt and donating it to the event organisers as a hunt prize.
- Fantasy Faire Store Registration 2013
- Fantasy Faire e-mail contact: FantasyFaire-at-gmail.com
- Fantasy Faire website
- Fantasy Faire on Plurk
- Fantasy Faire on Flickr
- RFL USA (American Cancer Society)
- RFL UK (Cancer Research)
- RFL of SL website
- Fantasy Faire 2012 coverage in this blog
- RFL coverage in this blog