The University of Western Australia is running two art competitions at the moment, and is requesting all Second Life Residents participate in both – with the chance to win some great prizes for doing so.
3D OPEN ART CHALLENGE
The UWA’s 3D Open Art Challenge draws to a close following the monthly rounds, with a Grand Finale which features a People’s Choice vote for both the Overall Prize category and the Non-scripted Prize category of art pieces.
There’s an impressive line-up of finalists in both categories, and the prizes are equally impressive:
- Overall Prizes: L$100,000 (1st), L$75,000 (2nd), L$50,000 (3rd), L$20,000 (4th), L$10,000 (5th) and L$5,000 each for 6th – 10th.
- Non-Scripted Prizes: L$15,000 (1st), L$10,000 (2nd), L$5,000 (3rd), L$3,000 (4th), L$2,000 (5th) and L$1,000 each for 6th – 10th.
- People’s Choice Overall Prizes: L$15,000, $8,000 (2nd), $5,000 (3rd)
- People’s Choice Non-Scripted Prizes: L$8,000, L$5,000 (2nd), L$3,000 (3rd).
Those voting in the People’s Choice categories could themselves win a prize. Three lucky voters will receive an award of L$5,000, L$3,000 and L$2,000 respectively, together with RL UWA packages.
How to Vote
To participate in the People’s Choice voting and a chance to win one of the three voters’ prizes:
- Visit the UWA Winthrop region and view the finalists in the Overall Prize category (SLurl) and the Non-Scripted Prize category (SLurl)
- List your top 10 preferences for each category in order of rating (so 1st = 1st prize, etc.) on a Notecard
- Rename the card PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD UWA (YOUR NAME)
- Send your entry to both Jayjay Zifanwe and FreeWee Ling by Midnight SLT 30th November 2011.
Voting is open to all SL residents, however, note that if you, your alts or your partners work is part of the Grand Finale, you may still vote, but you cannot list your own work or that of your alt / partner in your top 10.
MACHINIMUWA IV: ART OF THE ARTISTS
With a total of 81 entrants from around the world, Machinmuwa IV represents a stunning range of machinima, with more than L$350,000 on offer in prizes.
The Audience Participant Prize
L$20,000 has been set aside for an “audience participation event”, to be split between three prize winners (L$10,000, L$6,000 and L$4,000 respectively), together with special RL UWA packages which include a copy of 100 Treasure from UWA. Additionally, the first prize winner will be invited to join the judging panel for MachinimUWA V.
How to Enter
- Visit the UWA blog for MachinimUWA IV, where you’ll find a complete list of entrants with links to the videos
- Watch all the entries and list your top ten in order of preference, listing them either in an e-mail or a notecard (rename the notecard MACHINIMUWA IV (YOUR NAME)
- Send e-mail entries to jayjayaustralia-at-hotmail.com and notecard to Jayjay Zifanwe
- Entries must be sent no later than Midnight SLT 30th November 2011
- Prizes will be awarded to the three participants whose order comes closest to the final order decided by the judging panel for the MachinimUWA IV competition.
Further information is available on the UWA SL blog.
UWA, their partners and sponsors will be hosting a Gala Event on Sunday December 11th, 2011 for both the 3D Open Art Challenge and MachinimUWA IV, during which the prize winners for each and for the competitions will be announced.
The Gala will be held at the UWA – BOSL Grand Amphitheatre (Entrance 1, Entrance 2), and will kick off with The Phoenix Embers Showcats with “Gothica”. Further details on the event will be made available through the UWA SL blog.