The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, June 9th.
At the time of writing there were no formal simulator release notes, however:
- There was no deployment to the main SLS channel on Tuesday, June 9th.
- On Wednesday, June 10th, the same RC deployment will be rolled to all of the simulator RC channels. This comprises:
- A minor script constant fix (CLICK_ACTION_ZOOM and CLICK_ACTION_DISABLED were missing).
- The chat range changes for channel 0.
Voice Carry Project
Voices Carry is the name given to the extended chat range project. Once available, it will allow region / estate owners / managers to set the open chat range on a region (see BUG-228333). When considering it, the following points should be kept in mind:
- It only applies to local chat channel 0, and so it should not impact scripted objects using other chat channels.
- The distance set within a region will determine which, if any, of any adjoining regions can her local chat with that region.
- For example, if you are in a region with chat distance set to 50m and you’re more than 50m from any boundary with an adjoining region, then your chat will not be relayed beyond the region.
- The distance chat is set to within a region will determine how far any chat from an adjoining region will be relayed within it.
- For example: if a region has a chat range of 20m, and chat is relayed from a neighbouring region with a range of 100m, that chat will only be relayed 20m within the current region.
- No matter how great the chat range is set within an region, it will never be relayed further than those immediately adjoining it.
- For example: if a Mainland region has a chat range set to 1000m, chat from it will only be relayed to the (maximum of) 8 regions adjoining it.
There have been no updates to the official viewers to mark the start of the week, leaving the current viewers as follows:
- Current Release viewer version 126.96.36.1992964,, dated May 29th, promoted June 2nd, formerly the FMOD Studio RC viewer – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Mesh uploader project viewer, version 188.8.131.522535, June 3.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 18.104.22.1680836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 22.214.171.1249111, July 16, 2019.