The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, March 3rd.
Please refer to the simulator deployment thread for updates.
- On Tuesday, March 17th, the majority of the grid (the SLS “main” channel) updated to simulator version 538236, containing internal fixes, as previously deployed to a selection of RC servers.
- An RC deployment is pending for Wednesday, March 18th, but details were TBA at the time of writing this summary. This update will apparently replace versions 538236, and 538222, both previously deployed to RC servers (March 11th).
Continuing Object Rezzing Issues
The object rezzing issues (see: Potential showstopping bug on many mainland regions. Anyone else experienced this?) is becoming more noticeable.Commenting on the situation, Rider Linden believes he may have a is resolution for the issue, stating:
I believe I was able to isolate what was going on with object rez and I think I have a solution for it. It should roll on Magnum.
This deployment should be part of the RC rollouts on Wednesday, March 17th.
There have been no viewer updates to mark the start of the week to leave the official viewer pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1245996, formerly the Yorsh Maintenance RC, dated February 7, promoted February 20th.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Premium RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1998264, March 12.
- EEP RC viewer updated to version 188.8.131.526347, February 11.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2066179, February 10.
- Camera Presets RC viewer, version 220.127.116.115138, January 24.
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 18.104.22.1683365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 188.8.131.529111, July 16, 2019.
Simulator update 538222 (March 10th) saw the first deployment of code specifically in support of the upcoming iOS client, suggesting that the indicated testing period for the client may be approaching (although there are no details as yet on what form any such testing will take, and / or if users will be asked to offer feedback).
The last detailed summary I have for the client can bee found in Second Life iOS companion app – mini update, and a key bullet point summary for the initial release could be said to be:
- The app should initially be regarded as more of a communicator / companion app than a fully-rounded client:
- It will provide a log-in option, and chat options (e.g. IM, group chat). Local chat will not initially be supported.
- It will not present you with an in-world location, nor will your avatar rez in-world.
- Seen as being useful for merchants / business owners to maintain contact with customers when away from their viewer.
- In theory, the app should work with both iPhones and iPads, although there may be some configuration differences.
Over time it will be enhanced – but additional capabilities are still TBD.