The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, March 3rd.
At the time of writing, there was no server deployment thread.
- There was no update to the SLS main channel on Tuesday, March 3rd.
- On Wednesday, March 4th:
- Around 30% of the total grid (equivalent to the 3 primary RC channels) will receive an update. Again, at the time of writing, no details were available, however, Simon Linden indicated there should be no user-visible changes, but the update will include fixes to lower level code that should help with scripts running and provide some better performance transferring scripts across region boundaries as well. This update has apparently been on simulators associated with the BlueSteel RC.
- A smaller release will also be made to some RC channel simulator, but details were not provided at the meeting.
The new Premium RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1997335, was released on Tuesday March 3rd, in preparation for the introduction on the new Premium Plus subscription level. This viewer sees Premium benefits information provided at login by the server for the current user and for all publicly available benefits packages. All UI and other logic is based on these values, replacing an assortment of values previously received via other mechanisms or hard-coded into the viewer. The RC also includes some UI improvements.
The rest of the viewer pipelines remain unchanged from the end of week #9:
- Current Release version 188.8.131.525996, formerly the Yorsh Maintenance RC, dated February 7, promoted February 20 – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 18.104.22.1680836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 22.214.171.1249111, July 16, 2019.
- EEP: some last-minute shaders issues are being hammered on by the graphics team in preparation for EEP to progress.
- Rider Linden has a “background project” he hopes that, when he can focus on it and move it to public release, may help with simulator slow-downs that occur as avatars TP into a region.