The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, March 3rd.
Please refer to the simulator deployment thread for updates.
- On Tuesday, March 10th, the majority of the grid (the SLS “main” channel) updates to server release 537423, primarily focusing on improvements to make rolling the grid more gentle on the Lab’s non-simulator servers.
- This update has some changes that may help improve vehicular-based / physical region crossings. People are asked to check & report.
- An RC deployment is pending for Wednesday, March 11th, but details were TBA at the time of writing this summary. According to Simon Linden, the update shouldn’t contain any user-visible changes.
Continuing Object Rezzing Issues
There continue to be reports of on-going object rezzing issues (reported and noted in past SUG meetings), some of which appear to be specifically tied to the 53743 release whilst on an RC deployment (see: Potential showstopping bug on many mainland regions. Anyone else experienced this?). The issue is again being complicated in that it cannot be easily tied to simulators specifically on that release, because – as some of the comments on the thread note – the possibly offending script calls do not misbehave consistently between different regions on the same channel / release.
No update was provided at the SUG meeting, but within the thread, Mazidox Linden notes:
Just to chime in here that we’re aware of this issue (as mentioned up-thread it’s not particularly new unfortunately, dating back to late last year), and using the latest information you all have provided we’re able to confirm that the issue under discussion (object_rez events never fire) reproduces in the regions mentioned, but work fine in other regions running the same code. We’re not sure why that is just yet, but we’re going to do our darnedest to find out and get a fix for this behaviour in your hands as quick as we can.
Some people have also reported of a return of breedable issues which may (or may not be) related to this problem. In short, if you are seeing issues with scripted object rezzing – file a Jira.
There have been no viewer updates to mark the start of the week to leave the official viewer pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 220.127.116.115996, formerly the Yorsh Maintenance RC, dated February 7th, promoted February 20th – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 18.104.22.1683365, December 9th, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242999, November 22nd, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990836, September 17th, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 188.8.131.529111, July 16th, 2019.