There are no server deployments planned for week #3 due to the next batch of updates being ready for deployment.
- There are still reports of recent simulator updates causing issues for certain types of breedables. The Lab is aware of these problems, and while fixes are in the works, they may not be in the next set of simulator updates.
- LL has continued a post-mortem into the region restart issues from week #2, with Simon Linden noting they have hopefully learned enough such that future restarts such run a lot better (and hopefully more smoothly!).
- “A couple of hosts” that were not handling teleports as expected at the end of week #2, which should have been corrected.
- Additional data that the Lab has been gathering on simulator performance does show that long-running simulators incur increased host resource utilisation, but for reasons yet to be identified.
- Scripted avatar loads might in part be responsible, depending on what their scripts are doing, but LL would prefer to gather further data rather than speculate on possible causes.
- However, there are regions where issues have been recorded, but which do not have large avatars loads.
- LL have tried multiple approaches to making similar slow-downs occur on the beta grid (Aditi), but the problem doesn’t appear to occur “on demand”, making possible causes harder to identify.
The Xanté Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 188.8.131.523748 on Monday, January 13th.
The remainder of the current official viewer pipelines remain unchanged for the end of week #2:
- Current Release version 184.108.40.2063275, formerly the Wassail RC viewer, dated December 4, promoted December 12 – No change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 220.127.116.113365, December 9th, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 18.104.22.1682999, November 22nd , 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 22.214.171.1240836, September 17th, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 126.96.36.1999111, July 16th, 2019.
- Rider Linden is looking at region crossings, and hopes to have some code that should help improve things when it is ready for deployment. However, he notes that the improvements will be “nowhere near what I would ultimately like.