Not a lot to report; much of the conversation was around general ideas for improving aspects of SL scripting (e.g. script-to-script communications) and speculations about the migration of SL to AWS.
As always, please refer to the week’s deployment thread for updates.
- There were no deployments to the main SLS channel on Tuesday, January 28th, although there are reports some regions were restarted.
- An RC deployment is planned for all simulators on the RC channels for Wednesday, January 29th. Server update 2020-01-23T00:43:42.535128 is specifically aimed at making “rolling the grid more gentle on our non-simulator servers”. According to Simon Linden, speaking at the meeting:
- These updates shouldn’t be user-visible, but should help improve the issue of starting scripts following a simulator re-start.
- They *might* result in improvements on region crossing between regions on the RC channels, but this is by no means certain.
The Xanté Maintenance RC viewer, version126.96.36.1995003 and dated January 22nd, was promoted to de facto release status on January 27th.
At the time of writing, all remaining viewer pipelines remain as follows:
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.