Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and updates on the week’s deployments.
- On Tuesday, June 25th, the SLS (Main) channel was updated with server maintenance package 19#19.06.11.528038 which contains a number of Environment Enhancement Project (EEP) fixes (see below), the long awaited (by some!) Animesh-specific constants for llGetObjectDetails() (see BUG-225815) and internal fixes
- On Wednesday, June 19th, the main RC channels will be updated as follows:
As noted above, the SLS (Main) channel joins Magnum and LeTigre in having fixes to a number of EEP-related issues deployed to it. These are:
- BUG-226815 [EEP] Since the grid was rolled to 19.04.15.526263 yesterday, region windlight is broken for all legacy viewers.
- BUG-226252 [EEP] Please create an internal error code for llReplaceAgentEnvironment() & llSetAgentEnvironment() that distinguishes whether an agent does not have the experience allowed and if the experience is not allowed at their location.
- BUG-226917 EEP Environment, New Sky should default to midday and not 6pm.
At the time of writing, there have been no official viewer updates to mark the start of the week, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1247758, formerly the Rainbow RC viewer dated June 5, promoted June 18 – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1997749, released on June 5. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
I’m cautiously optimistic about teleports … there have been some fixes. I asked for testing help in the Second Life Beta group and volunteers did a few thousand TPs and the results were pretty good .. it’s not perfect but very few disconnects.
– Simon Linden
Script Processing Issues
As I’ve noted in recent SUG summaries, there have been numerous reports of script run time issues. See BUG-226851 and BUG-227099 as examples. These continue to be felt across the grid, and the Lab is continuing to investigate, with Rider Linden noting:
As far as the script performance I think I may have a few things coming in soon that will help.
BUG-225288 “llStopAnimation is stopping all animations on detach instead of only the one specified”
This is not a new bug, but it is an odd one. It seems to be particularly affecting those users with “high” avatar ID keys (e.g. those starting with “f” tend to encounter it a lot. There doesn’t appear to be a confirmed repro that this is the case, other than general observation. Nor has any apparent underpinning cause been found as yet.
The problem is that there literally isn’t a comparator for less than and greater than keys. It’s just not a thing that exists. I’ve dangled this in front of multiple devs and had them show me why that really, honestly can’t happen. And yet it does.
– Maxidox Linden