Version 3.1.2 contains a single up-front change, but it’s one users are liable to appreciate: the ability to save chat and IM logs to their Google drive.
To do so, two things are required:
- An active Google account with access to Google drive (no surprises there).
- The Lumiya Cloud Plugin available via Google Play for free.
Setting things up is a simple set of steps:
- Download and install the Lumiya Cloud Plugin on the devices(s) you use with Lumiya.
- Log-in to Lumiya and go to Settings via the menu (top left icon) and select Chat and Messages.
- Tap Save chat history to Google Drive to enable it.
- A pop-up is displayed for your Google account (not your Second Life account). If you have more than one Google account, you may be asked to enter the details of the account you wish to associate with Lumiya.
- Providing you have selected the Google account you wish to use, tap Add Account.
- A further pop-up is displayed asking you to allow the Lumiya Cloud Plugin service to access your Google drive in order to save and retrieve chat and IM log files.
- Providing you’re happy, tap Allow.
And that’s it. You only need to do this once per device, you don’t have to do it for each of your SL accounts if you have more than one. When you log in to Second Life, your chat and IM histories will be available, and saved automatically.
If you ever want to revert to saving your histories directly onto your device, simply go to Menu (top left) > Settings > Chat and Messages and uncheck Save chat history to Google Drive.
This is a handy update for Lumiya, offering a single location for chat and IM logs which could be especially useful for those who may use Lumiya on more than one device (e.g. a Tablet and a smartphone), as it removes discontinuities in saving logs locally – although obviously, you’ll have to use the Lumiya Cloud Plugin to associate each device with your Google account / drive.
And if Google Drive isn’t your thing? Then you can continue to save your logs directly to the storage on your device. Simples!