As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for updates or changes.
- Tuesday, October 4th saw the Main (SLS) channel updated with the server maintenance package previously deployed to the three RC channels, which includes a fix for BUG-40565, introduced as a result of the deployment of the week #38 server maintenance package.
- There is no planned deployment / restart for the three RC channels, although there should be a new RC package available for week #41 (commencing Monday, October 10th).
The Maintenance RC viewer was rapidly updated on Tuesday, October 4th, after only having been released on September 28th. Version 184.108.40.2060231 see the addition of a Project Espeon fix (“Experience permission dialogue should include “Sit your avatar””), suggesting this project is making progress. Overall, this viewer includes over 70 crashes and bug fixes and improvements – refer to the release notes for the full list.
Excluding this update, the remainder of the current crop of official viewers remains unchanged:
- Current Release version: 220.127.116.119463 (dated September 9), promoted September 15 – formerly the Visual Outfit Browser RC viewer
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project Bento (avatar skeleton extensions), version 18.104.22.1689893, dated September 22nd
- VLC Media Plug-in Viewer RC, version 22.214.171.1249856, dated September 20th – replaces QuickTime in the Windows viewer with a media plug-in based on LibVLC
- Obsolete platform viewer version 126.96.36.1990847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.