Noire’leans – blog post
Server Deployments Week #14
There was no scheduled deployment to the Main (SLS) channel this week. All three RC channels received the same server maintenance package, comprising a fix for (non-public) llHTTPRequest returns 400 from some sims and not others, and some minor improvements. Assuming nothing goes sideways with this update, it should be promoted to the Main channel in week #15 (commencing Monday, April 11th).
It is currently not clear if there will be a further update to the TC channel in week #15; this will apparently be determined on work being carried out over the next few days.
Current Release Version – HTTP / Vivox Updates
The HTTP / Vivox RC viewer was promoted to the de facto release viewer at the end of week #13. Version 220.127.116.112816 (dated March 23rd) presents a complete replacement of the under the hood HTTP infrastructure, replacing the self deleting responders with coroutine implementations for improved performance and stability, and to provide finer grained concurrency allowing the Viewer greater control over the numbers and types of HTTP requests that can be simultaneously outstanding.
The HTTP changes affect all areas of the viewer that use Sim Capabilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Asset upload (Images, Meshes, Animations)
- AISv3 inventory manipulation
- Viewer Managed Marketplace
- Simhost event polling
- LSL script compilation
- Experience management (blocking, allowing, creating)
Alongside of this work, undertaken by Rider Linden to extend Monty Linden’s previous work on HTTP, this viewer sees the removal of a considerable amount of deprecated and unused code, and a range of Voice fixes and improvements.
Remaining Viewer Channels
The promotion of the HTTP / Vivox viewer leaves the remaining viewer channels as follows:
- Release candidate cohorts:
- Quick Graphics RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1682297, dated March 11th – awaiting update to bring it to parity with the release viewer
- Project Viewers:
- Oculus Rift project viewer updated to version 22.214.171.1245296 on October 13, 2015 – Oculus Rift DK2 support (download and release notes)
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 126.96.36.1990847, dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7 – expect this viewer to potentially vanish once TLS 1.2 is implemented.