Thursday, November 19th saw the launch of what is hoped will become a new series of monthly discussions. Lab Chat is billed as “an opportunity for you to ask Lindens your questions during a live taping that will be recorded and archived for everyone to view.”
The first show featured the Lab’s CEO, Ebbe Altberg in his alter ego of Ebbe Linden. In preparation for the recording, Second Life users were invited to ask questions about the Lab, Second Life, “Project Sansar”, etc on a forum thread.
Over 40 questions were asked, and members of the production crew selected seven questions they thought would be of most interest to the attending audience, to be asked during the show, whist also leaving time for further questions from the audience itself. Discussions are under way with the Lab to try to ensure those questions from the forum thread which weren’t asked as a part of the recording do get addressed in some manner.
The following pages present a transcript of Ebbe Altberg’s replies to both the seven core questions selected by the Lab Chat team, together with any additional follow-ups or observations from show hosts Saffia Widdershins (SW) and Jo Yardley (JY), and the answers given to those questions raised during the open Q&A session.
Note that this is not a full transcript of the entire recording, the focus is very much on the answers given to questions and any relevant comments. For ease of reference, the transcript is split into three parts, each with its own navigation and links, and links to all of the questions:
- Those questions and answers those related to Second Life
- Those focused more on Project Sansar
- The general Q&A session.
Each question / answer includes an audio extract of that question and answer for those who wish to listen rather than read, or in addition to reading, the transcript text.
The Quick Links section below will take you directly to each of these three sections, or to any of the individual discussion points within them.
- Concerning Second Life
- Concerning Project Sansar
- General Q&A
- Advertising and marketing Second Life and Sansar
- Naming Project Sansar
- Sansar Scripting Language and Tools to Promote Experiences
- Why can’t we have mirrors in Second Life, and will Sansar have mirrors?
- How will IP and copyright infringements be handled in Sansar, and will the Lab get tougher on infringers in SL?
- Encouraging Sl content creators to engage in Project Sansar
- Will it be possible to do voice and text chat simultaneously in Sansar
- Building Communities in Project Sansar
- Project Sansar Personas
- Using VR headsets