Updates for the week ending Sunday, November 22nd
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 188.8.131.525981, October 26 – no change download page, release notes
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 184.108.40.2068081 on November 20 – core updates: some 38 fixes and improvements, including updates for some regressions introduced into the viewer with the current release viewer (download and release notes)
- Project Valhalla (CEF media update) RC viewer version 220.127.116.117894 released on November 18 – replaces the LLQTWebKit system used in the Web media plugin with one based on the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) (download and release notes)
- Vivox RC viewer version 18.104.22.168.8.7.307744, released on November 17 – corrects a number of Voice quality and connection issues on both Windows and the Mac (download and release notes)
- Project viewers:
- No updates.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews on this blog
- Firestorm updated to version 22.214.171.124975 on November 17th – core updates: parity with LL 3.8.6 code (notifications viewer), wide range of additional features, fixes and improvements (release notes)
- Kokua updated to version 126.96.36.199336 on November 17th – core updates: parity with LL 3.8.6 code (notifications viewer) and RLV 188.8.131.52 (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer Stable version updated to 184.108.40.206(b) (Windows and (Linux)) on November 21(/22) – core updates: experimental CEF plugin (QTWebkit default media service) + fixes and improvements (release notes).
Mobile / Other Clients
- No updates.