Update 23:40BST: Sassy Romano and Sera Lok have published a list of JIRA related to this and other core Marketplace issues (including Direct Delivery).
Update 23:20BST: It is still being reported through various forums and blogs that LL have “stopped” supporting Magic Boxes. This isn’t the case; rather, there appears to have been a communications breakdown within LL that has lead to an incorrect Support message being sent out. As a result of this error, which occurred this morning, Commerce Team Linden posted the following assurance at the time:
“We are so sorry for this response. We are reaching out to you directly to help you with this issue and are already working to make sure that everyone in support is aware that we will continue to support Magic Boxes until they are officially retired. Thank you for bringing this to our attention”. [My emphasis]
So, Magic Boxes are still supported, and will continue to be supported, and issues with them should continue to be reported.
Update 20:15BST:According to current feedback, the scheduled SLM maintenance did not address this issue, although there was no guarantee it would. That the maintenance was initially rescheduled to Monday April 2nd might be indicative that a resolution is in development.
There appears to be a major error with the SL Marketplace.
Merchants are reporting that listings are giving incorrect product attributions, linking to other merchant’s stores, etc.
A JIRA (WEB-4587) has been raised on the issue, which is being looked into as a “top priority” by Linden Lab. If you are merchant with SLM listings, and have not been aware of this issue, it would be advisable for you to check your store listings.
Key issues include:
- Listings on Marketplace stores do not match the actual items
- Incorrect merchant attribution (products from Merchant X listed as belonging to Merchant Y, despite appearing in Merchant X’s store)
- Products from one merchant appearing in stores belonging to other merchants
- Items incorrectly priced
- Incorrect ratings assigned to products (G-rated items appearing as Adult, etc.).
Further, it should be noted that:
- It appears that even if your own listing do not appear impacted, it is possible your products are still being listed in other stores
- Items previously correctly impacted can be impacted as a result of updates
- The problem is not limited to Direct Delivery items, but is affecting both items migrated to DD and items still in Magic Boxes
Note: In the course of writing this article, scheduled maintenance for the Marketplace changed from being postponed from today until Monday April 2nd, before again being scheduled for today (Thursday March 29th) at 10:30am PDT.