Update April 1st: LL issue revised DD migration deadline based on issues occurring on the Marketplace
Update March 29th: Updates on payment problems (see below)
Update: As noted in the comments, it appears the Linux version of Niran’s Viewer is capable of running the Merchant’s Outbox without incident. If you’re a Linux user and keen to make the migration / stuck part-way through migrating, you might try it.
Issues are starting to be reported in relation to Direct Delivery.
Outbox Initialisation Failure
People are reporting that the Merchant Outbox is failing to initialise. The issue seems to be most closely related to Linux, but has also been reported for Windows and Mac, and JIRAs for all three have been created:
- Outbox initialisation fails on Linux (JIRA VWR-28629)
- Outbox initialisation fails on Windows (JIRA VWR-28630)
- Outbox initialisation fails on Mac (JIRA VWR-28631) builds
I’ve used the Outbox on all current Viewers with the capability and using Windows 7 32-bit, with no issues. These currently are: the latest SL Viewer (184.108.40.206182), Firestorm 4.0.1, Niran’s Viewer (1.30+), and Zen viewer 220.127.116.11. However, I may have escaped issues for two reasons:
- I am logged-in to my Merchant’s page on SL Marketplace
- I use the English language version of the Viewers.
Linden Lab are still investigating problems, but if you are experiencing issues with the Outbox on Windows or Mac OS, you might try the following:
- Ensure you are logged-in to your Merchant home page / manage listing page prior to trying to run the Outbox in the Viewer
- Run the English language version of the SL Viewer
Lance Corrimal suggests the Linux problem is related to an OpenSSL issue with Linux builds of the Viewer (which has impacted Linux users’ ability to upload snapshots to their profile feed).
If you do have repeated issues with trying to get the Merchant Outbox to work, and the suggested solutions above do not work, please visit the relevant operating system JIRA and logged your error, giving full details of your Viewer environment (available by option HELP->ABOUT (Viewer name), and copying the information given there.
Payment System Failures – Updated
There are also reports that some merchants who converted to Direct Delivery are experiencing issues over payment for transactions. While a similar issue existed prior to DD going live (transactions stalled at “being delivered”), the issue appears to be more noticeable now, with some merchants reporting that converting back to Magic Boxes seems to clear their particular problem.
A number of JIRAs are open on issues at present:
- WEB-4441: Delivery status frozen with Being Delivered Status on marketplace transaction. 1399L lost and item never delivered (merged with WEB-4559, previously referred to in this article, now closed)
- WEB-4580: Direct Delivery Issue – Item named with unicode characters causes order/payment system to fail
- WEB-4596: Direct Delivery is hanging in “Being Delivered” rather than forwarding funds to Merchants even when the item has been paid for and received by the Customer. This is for NON-UNICODE Listings