The following summary notes were taken from the Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. It forms a summary of the items discussed, and a video of the entire meeting is embedded at the end of the article – my thanks to Pantera for recording it.
The week #7 Main channel restart and RC channels deployment were described as “bumpy”, prompting the Lab to dig into things. It is believed the cause of the problems has been identified (the failure of one of the tools used by the Lab) and a fix put in place. To this end:
- There was no deployment / restart of the Main channel on Tuesday, February 22nd.
- Wednesday, February 23rd will likely see a limited restart “on just one or two small RC channels.”
Available Official Viewers
The J&K Maintenance viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1688554 on Tuesday, February 22nd.
This list reflects the rest of the official viewers currently available.
- Release viewer: version version 22.214.171.1247427 – Mac Voice hotfix viewer, January 13 – no change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself).
- The Tracy Integration RC viewer version 126.96.36.1993771 (dated Friday, November 5) issued Tuesday, November 9.
- Project viewers:
- Performance Improvements project viewer version 188.8.131.527604, dated January 24.
- Mesh Optimizer project viewer, version 184.108.40.2066858, dated January 5, issued after January 10.
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 220.127.116.112625, issued September 2.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 18.104.22.1680519, dated October 26, 2020.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 22.214.171.1243365, dated December 9, 2019.
- At the week #7 meeting, a suggestion put forward (by a user) was to have a vehicle given the lowest access permissions among those avatars seated on it. That way, if any agent attached to an object cannot enter a parcel, the vehicle would treat that parcel as a solid obstruction – see feature request BUG-231802. At this meeting,
- Rider Linden indicated the Lab is considering ending the ban line info for an entire region to the viewer earlier as part of the parcel flag info.
- The request is listed as Awaiting Review, but Rider intimated to could well enter the queue of work for the Lab.
- A request was made for the ability to put objects inside the contents of child links (such as animations) and be able to read it and play that animation stored in the child link (see BUG-231848). Rider Linden noted that “it is an interesting idea but it is going to take some thought.”
- A request was made for the ability to pitch shift sounds (similar to SVC-4373). This would have multiple potential benefits from avoiding the need to upload multiple sound in order to create a meaningful pitch change through to enabling a grater range of musical instruments in SL. As SVC Jiras are no longer active, a request was made for a new feature request on the idea.
- There was a lot of general discussion on WIMNIs for SL and what might be done by way of improvements to things like region crossings, etc., but nothing that is currently being actioned as a project, so please refer to the video below for these items.