The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. The meeting was recorded by Pantera Północy, and the video is embedded at the end of this summary.
At the time of writing there was no server deployment thread, so please refer to the Server section of the forums for updates.
- There was no deployment to the SLS Main channel on Tuesday, August 3rd.
- Wednesday, August 4th should see a deployment to the RC channels. This includes:
- BUG-220541 for llUnsit expansion.
- A new simulator console command that will let estate managers change the default EEP settings across an entire estate. This also paves the way for implementing a new default Mainland EEP setting that will be coming in a future update.
- A fix to llChar to reduce returns being translated as “?”. Some will still do so, but this will be addressed in the next maintenance simulator update.
There have been no updates to the current batch of official viewers to mark the start of the week, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Release viewer: version 126.96.36.1991414, Fernet Maintenance RC dated July 14, promoted July 19 – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, dated October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, dated December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, dated November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, dated July 16, 2019.
- There have been numerous requests / feature requests for grater access to things like region performance states, etc. (e.g. BUG-10263, BUG-37717, and BUG-229172 – all of which which have been closed. Commenting on these and feature requests in general, Mazidox Linden commented:
We have to consider things like “How can this be abused” when we get feature requests like that, which is why even though I agree it’s better to have an API call than measure in a tight loop we might not want to make surfacing that data easier.
- Rider Linden hopes to take a second pass at the way scripts are scheduled, with the support of Monty Linden. He hopes to be able to make the simulator “smarter” in how it schedules what script to run in what order and how frequently. However, given current workloads, it is unlikely this work will commence before the end of the year.
- The simulator tools upgrade work has been “hanging fire” recently, but is due to resume.