The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on Friday, June 11th,, 2021.
These meetings are generally held every other week. They are recorded by Pantera Północy, and her video of the meeting is embedded at the end of the report relating to it – my thanks to her for allowing me to do so – and it is used with a transcript of the chat log from the meeting and my own audio recording to produce these notes.
There have been no updates for the viewer since the start of the week, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Release viewer: LMR 5 viewer, version 184.108.40.2060171, dated May 27, promoted June 7 – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110519, dated October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 18.104.22.1683365, dated December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242999, dated November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 126.96.36.1999111, dated July 16, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- The New User Experience project viewer will be the next viewer to be promoted to de facto release status.
- The Legacy Profiles viewer is still having UI updates made, but is expected to go to RC status when the next update is issued.
- The notifications fix for Mac systems is still waiting its turn to be made publicly available.
Land and L$ In-Viewer Purchases Issue
Wednesday, June 9th saw issues occur with in-viewer Linden Dollar and land purchases. Whilst resolved within hours, the issue was traced back to an overly aggressive series of checks the viewer was carrying on on the various software certificates used by Linden Lab. This caused the viewer to throw a wobbly when encountering a new certificate that did not quite meet the expected format.
The certificate involved was massaged so as not to get the viewer upset, fixing the issue; however, in order to avoid similar situations in the future, the Lab plan to implement a viewer-side change to the way the viewer carries out such checks. This change will be released as a part of the normal Maintenance RC viewer updates.
- There have been some questions raised about Vivox end-of-lifing the current Vivox 4 Voice system in favour of the more recent Vivox 5. Linden Lab is not aware of this happening any time in the future, but is aware that due to the way Vivox 5.x operates on different platforms, when such a change eventually comes to pass, it might required some significant changes in the manner in which SLvoice.EXE interacts with the viewer.