The following notes were taken from the November 12th Simulator User Group meeting.
Server Updates and Cloud Uplift
Please reference to the server deployment thread for the latest updates.
- On Tuesday, November 10th, the uplifted AWS RC channels were updated with simulator release 551942. This version includes some cloud configuration changes that these may improve some of the performance metrics, but otherwise should not be anything user visible.
- On Wednesday, November 11th, around 50% of the SLS channel will be transitioned to AWS services, also running simulator version 551942.
The Start of the week has seen no change to the current crop of official viewers, leaving the as follows:
- Current release viewer version 220.127.116.119686, formerly the Mesh Uploader RC promoted on October 14 – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Cachaça Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1681711,on November 6.
- Project viewers:
- Project Jelly project viewer (Jellydoll updates), version 22.214.171.1241213, November 2.
- Custom Key Mappings project viewer, version 126.96.36.1999685, November 2.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.
The teleport issues – particularly AWS-to-AWS regions – are still proving problematic for some.
There are reports from some AWS-hosted regions of issues with TPs manifesting with other issues – rezzing problems, errors trying to add items to object contents. All seem to be rectified by a region restart (hardly the best solution), before things start going awry once more.
The Lab have added more logging to the simulator so they can further analyse the problem(s).