The following notes were taken during the Simulator User Group meeting of Tuesday, July 28th, 2020.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for news and updates:
- There was no deployment to the core SLS channel regions on Tuesday, August 4th, leaving the majority of the grid running on server maintenance update 544832, designed to resolve issues with some internal service updates, chat range improvements and capability improvements.
- There should be two RC deployments on Wednesday, August 5th:
There have been no official viewer updates to mark the start of the week, leaving the pipelines as follows:
- Current release viewer version 18.104.22.1683157, dated June 11th, promoted June 23rd, formerly the CEF RC viewer – ROLL BACK.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Tools Update 2 RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1245699, July 29.
- Mesh uploader RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1994027, July 27.
- rrack Maintenance RC viewer, version 188.8.131.524465, July 6.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2064028, June 30.
- Project viewers:
- Custom Key Mappings project viewer, version 220.127.116.114079, June 30.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 18.104.22.1683365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 188.8.131.529111, July 16, 2019.
As noted in my previous SUG meeting update, Simon Linden has created a fun challenge people can take to test region crossings on Aditi, where the Blake Sea regions have been cloned and are running on AWS services.
However, ahead of the challenge being issued, changes were made in how region crossings are handled by the simulators, and these have seen significant improvements in crossing performance (with the exception of corner-to-corner crossings). As a result, the same updates are to be deployed to an RC channel in week #33 (the week commencing Monday, August 10th, 2020).
A video documenting region crossings using the updated code / handing on Aditi has been published on You Tube by the MIRAI group.
Note: If you still want to try Simon Linden’s Aditi region crossing challenge, go to secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Morris/200/207/34 on the BETA (Aditi) grid and click on the red egg-shaped thing. It will give you the “Blake Sea Challenge” object which should be worn so it can give you instructions for sailing / flying / motor-boating around the 46 regions. See if you can make it without doubling back!